Set up a test bank account in the sandbox environment to test and build with the BILL API.
Sandbox is a standalone environment and any testing with the API in sandbox does not affect your solution in the production environment.
You have access to all BILL API services in sandbox with two exceptions.
- BILL integrations with other accounting softwares is not available in sandbox.
- Money movement to and from live bank accounts is not available in sandbox.
- The BILL Intelligent Virtual Assistant (IVA) is not available in sandbox. See Bills detected by Intelligent Virtual Assistant (IVA) in the BILL Help Center for more information.
While money movement to and from bank accounts is not available in the sandbox environment, you can set up a test bank account in sandbox for submitting test payments.
Any BILL pricing plan or subscription is not charged in the sandbox environment.
After your sandbox sign-up is complete, you can add test bank accounts with the BILL sandbox web app.
The bank account setup process begins with ensuring that your sandbox account includes address information.
- Sign in to the BILL sandbox web app. Use the email address and password you created as part of the sign-up process.
- Click SETTINGS at the top-right of your BILL account.
- Click Bank Accounts under Your Company.
- Click SET UP NEW BANK.
If you are prompted to go through verify your identity, complete the two-step verification process.
- Enter the provided test name and address information and click Continue.
- First Name:
- Last Name:
- Home Address:
1509 85TH ST N
- Zip Code:
- Select the final option for each question in step two of the verification process and click Continue.
At this point, you are prompted to use Plaid and complete your setup.
BILL uses Plaid to connect with bank accounts.
- Click Continue when you are prompted to use Plaid and complete your setup.
- Select any bank and click Continue. You are redirected to a test First Platypus Bank sign in page.
- Enter the provided test credentials and click Sign in.
- On the Verify your identity page, click Get code.
- On the Verification page, enter any code number and click Submit.
- On the Connect account information page, select Checking account (and any other accounts you want to add) and click Continue.
- On the Connect account information - Confirm page, accept the Terms and Conditions and click Connect account information. You are redirected to continue with your Plaid setup.
- Click Continue.
- Select the accounts you want to add, enter the provided test information, and click Continue.
- Account Type:
- Account Holder Name:
- Account Type:
- If this is the first time you are adding a test bank account, you are prompted to enter an additional set of test information.
- Company owner:
- Business type:
Accounting or Bookkeeping
- Tax ID type:
- Tax ID number:
999888777(or any test Tax ID number)
- Company owner:
- Click Continue. The selected test bank accounts are added to your sandbox account.
After adding a test bank account, you can assign the account to test users for them to pay bills. Assign the account to test users under SETTINGS > Permissions > Users.
Updated about 2 months ago