About Large Biller Workflow
NOTE: Each API call requires a session ID (generated with Login API request).
Bill.com provides network connections to Large Biller Vendors. Large billers are organizations that have a wide national or regional presence (insurance companies, utilities, credit cards, etc.).
If any of your vendors are in the Large Biller network, you can connect to them and use ePayments (ACH transfers) to pay them, at no charge.
On the Bill.com UI, when a vendor is created in your Bill.com account, an automatic network search checks if the vendor is part of the Bill.com network, or if they are a Large Biller. There may be several matches. On review, if one of the results is a match, you can select it and make an automatic network connection between your organization and the vendor.
NOTE: The connection process is only needed once for each large biller.
- (required) Use the Vendor API to create a vendor in the Bill.com account. In the create call, include parameter values for:
- name (vendor's full name, as shown on the billing statement)
- accNumber (the statement account number for your organization - this is optional, but recommended)
- addressZip (the vendor's zip, as shown on the billing statement)
- Use the LargeBillerSearch API to search the Large Biller network for a match, using the name, accNumber, and addressZip parameters from the Vendor details.
The Response can return multiple Large Billers, each with a largeBillerId value.
NOTE: The important response parameter is
largeBillerId. This is used as part of the connection workflow.
- Many large billers have multiple addresses to receive payments from different Bill.com clients. Use GetLargeBillerPaymentAddress API to find the correct address based on the Vendor's remittance address on the invoice. The
largeBillerIdparameter is required.
NOTE: On the Response, the LargeBillerPaymentAddress id is used to connect vendor to the correct large biller in the network.
- The ConnectLargeBillerAsVendor API is the final call. This make the connection between your Bill.com account and the selected Large Biller. The required information is:
- vendorId (from Bill.com account)
- largeBillerId (from Large Biller search)
- (optional) LargeBillerPaymentAddress id (from Large Biller address search)
- accNumber (from create vendor)
When this is successful, routine bills from this Large Biller will be paid directly from your bank account to the Large Bill as ePayments (ACH transfers). Checks for payments will no longer be required.