About the vendor invite
NOTE: Each API call requires a session ID (generated with Login API request).
By default, all vendors are set up to be paid by check. An ACH payment is much easier - requiring a basic authorized transfer from your bank account to the vendor's bank account. This workflow invites new vendors to the Network to set up a Free Basic Receivables account if a vendor is not found as part of the Network.
Bill.com has created a process to make it easy for your company to invite vendors to join the Bill.com network with a voluntary sign-up process. You can initiate an invitation to any vendor that is not already part of the Bill.com network.
Sign-up is to the vendor's advantage. As part of the Bill.com network, any other Bill.com member can send payments via ACH directly into the vendor's bank account. Funds are transferred immediately, with no need to physically receive and deposit a paper check. Overall a faster, cleaner process.
- Identify vendors who receive payments by check. The List/Vendors call can be used to identify vendors in your Bill.com account who receive payment by check. Use the filter
"payBy" = "0"to list these vendors.
NOTE: This is not required to send invitations.
- The SendVendorInvite call sends an email from the Bil.com system to the vendor that currently receives payment by check. For each vendor, use a separate call to send the invite.
- When a vendor clicks on the connection link and successfully adds their bank information, bill payments will be received directly into their bank account. When the vendor accepts, the payBy parameter value automatically changes to "1"
This is an example of the email that the vendor will receive. The company details (name, email, etc.) are automatically populated from your Bill.com account.
Subject: Payments from <your_company_name> delivered quickly -- direct to your bank account
We would like to invite you to get paid by us electronically. ePayments are faster than checks and go directly to your bank account, saving you a trip to the bank.
In addition, you can send us eInvoices, which automatically begin our processing of your payments.
To accept this invitation and create a free account:
1. Click the 'Accept Invitation' button below.
2. Follow the directions on the webpage to create your account.
3. To complete the set-up process, you will be asked for your bank information. So you should have your bank's routing number and account information easily accessible when you create your account.
Once you complete those steps, all payments from <your_company_name> will go directly to your account. If you have any questions or concerns you'd like to ask me directly, send me an email at email@example.com or call me directly at 123-456-7890.
To get started, please click the button below:
If the button above doesn't work, copy and paste the following link into your web browser:https://app-sandbox.bill.com/InviteSignup?invite=vin01CWXBCAOKEGW1a55.
<your company name>